The club is seeking a head of goalkeeping for their youth academy with an immediate start date.
This is a brilliant opportunity for any goalkeeping coaches out there looking to work within a professional football club competing in Project Brave whilst progressing their SFA coaching pathway further.
The Head of Goalkeeping must hold the UEFA Goalkeeping A Licence (Level 4) or Scottish FA Goalkeeping Basic Licence (Level 3) minimally.
- To provide necessary coaching for groups under their control.
- To produce a weekly analysis of matches played and training learning outcomes
- To develop a positive relationship with the parents of the goalkeepers in our programme.
- To assist in identification and recruitment of goalkeepers
- To identify the goalkeepers available for each match and training session, ensuring responsibility is with each individual player to confirm his availability.
- To liaise with team coaches regarding the inclusion of trialists in their squad, while ensuring each trialist is fully notified of all relevant details regarding coaching sessions/matches to be attended.
- Guiding the goalkeepers on the club’s philosophy of healthy lifestyle, diet, drug awareness, education and code of conduct.
- Delivering coaching sessions in line with the academy’s philosophy and structure.
- Liaise with parents, formally through parental interviews and informally when appropriate.
- Ensure all players required are fully briefed regarding match day or training arrangements.
- Attend Child Protection training and adhere to all policy pertaining to Child Protection.
- Ensure kit and equipment is safeguarded, maintained and available.
- Submit training session planners by agreed deadlines issued by the academy.
- Assist with the production of formal assessment profiles.
- Make recommendations regarding the retention/release of players and trialists.
- Make the Head of Youth aware of any possible problems as soon as possible.
- Attend all in-service training arranged by the SFA/SPFL or Greenock Morton FC, if deemed appropriate by the Director of Youth.
- Maintain your personal continuous professional development.
- Abide by all guidelines, code of conduct and agreements set down by Greenock Morton Football Club.
Greenock Morton Football Club is open to all applications and reminds those applying that their continued professional development will be important whilst taking this role. This is a wonderful opportunity for coaches out there.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of a dynamic team and think you could be a successful candidate for this role then please forward your CV with cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for all CV’s is Friday 23rd April at 5pm.